The OWASP Portal project, oPortal, is a portal written in java that aims to become the standard for secure web applications. The OWASP portal is based on the Jakarta Struts .
BnPortal is an open source Java/J2EE web portal system (JSR 168 compliant). It is a fork of the Liferay Enterprise Portal.
Bnportal has the following features:
* Cross-platform, implemented using JavaTM technology.
* Runs on all application servers that supported Servlet (2.2) specification.
* Standardize on a Content Repository API specification (JSR 170).
* Standardize on a Java Portlet API specification (JSR 168).
* Template-based layouts including JSP and Velocity, JSTL.
* Supports remote XML content feeds.
* Custom default home page configuration.
* Database user authentication.
* In-memory cache for quick page rendering .
* Rich Site Summary support for syndicated content.
* Integration with Stxx so that you can develop with the newest XML/XSL technology.
* Wireless Markup Language (WML) support.
* Full Web Application Archive (WAR) support.
* Web Application development infrastructure.
* Local caching of remote content.
* Fully portable across all platforms that support JDK 1.3 and Servlet 2.3.
* Profiler Service to access portal pages based on user, security (groups, roles, acls), media types, and language.
* Persistence Service available to all portlets to easily store state per user, page and portlet.
* Skins so that users can choose colors and display attributes.
* Customizer for selecting portlets and defining layouts for individual pages.
* User, group, role and permission administration via Admin portlets.
* Role-based security access to portlets.
The Portlet Bridge Portlet is a web clipping proxy portlet that allows web application be hosted as portlets. The web clipping can be customized using XSLT.
The eXo platform is a powerful Open Source - JSR 168 compliant - enterprise portal built from several modules. It's based on Java Server Faces, Pico Container, JbossMX and AspectJ.
Stringbeans is a portal framework compatible with JSR 168 Portlet API standard. Stringbeans offers JAAS based authentication, flexible portlet access control and monitoring, and support for mobile clients. It is bundled with portlets for displaying charts, reports, database tables, XML documents, RSS headlines, etc.
The JAva ManagEd Content System, or Jamecs, is a powerful Content Management Framework / Portal System for the J2EE Servlets environment. Jamecs provides a flexible, tightly integrated object persistence layer together with advanced view creation and rendering functionality.
Jamecs integrates the Apache Velocity template engine, and while JSP can be used with ease the system encourages use of Velocity Template Language (VTL) code throughout the system, and provides many advanced features such as conditional VTL views, inheritable properties containing VTL, and a rich standard Velocity environment totally integrated into the CMF.
The system is fairly young at the moment, and is more Framework than CMS / Portal, but we're getting there!
The GridSphere portal framework provides an open-source portlet based Web portal. GridSphere enables developers to quickly develop and package third-party portlet web applications that can be run and administered within the GridSphere portlet container. It is JSR 168 and Websphere Porlet API compliant. Version 2.0 will be released in June 2004. Tutorials (sources, presentation) , slides and documentation (docbook in source, pdf and html) as well as the sourcecode are available from the homepage
iPoint Portal Open Edition is a complete open source collaborative web portal.
iPoint comes with a complete set of portlets with which you can create fully featured portals, Internet sites and collaborative workspaces.
* Full Content Management Capabilities for static Content on any page.
* Web 2.0 collaboration features including Wikis, Calendars, Blogs, Forums and Document Sharing.
* Rich Media support including embedded images, audio and video.
* Full text search of all content.
* Extensive notification and messaging support including eMail, SMS and portal.
* Easily branded with full XHTML and CSS support.
Blue Dot Bullet RSS support both to publish and consume RSS feeds.
* WebDAV support to drag and drop files for sharing.
* Easily extensible through building custom portlets, templates and views.
* Standards compliant supporting JSR 168 portlets on any page.
* Easily Integrated with other applications using portlets.
* Java platform , runs on any hardware platform that supports Java e.g. Windows and Linux.
* Strong security with permissions on individual pages and portlets.
Page 2 of 3